Saturday, May 18, 2013

Zero Tolerance 0561 Intial Impressions






My Zero Tolerance 0561 arrived today.  I have not cut much with it, but I did carry it all day.  Most of my thoughts will be about simply carrying the knife and my initial impressions. 

First of all I have one small criticism.  The blade did not come as sharp as I thought it would.  Do not get me wrong this knife is freaking sharp, but one side of the grind is noticeably more dull than the other. 

Intended Use-I bought this knife to be an EDC/Tactical blade.  I am going to carry it a lot for a while to get more impressions.

Ergonomics- The handle and blade are big.  The blade is 3.75 inches long.  The handle fits my smaller hands very well.  The jimping on top of the spine and top of the blade is fantastic.  My thumb gets locked right in.  The 3-D machining, as ZT calls it, is great on the G-10 and the titanium side.  This is my second framelock knife and so far I really like it.

The flipper combined with the new bushing system that ZT is using is super fast and smooth.  The thumbstuds are also very well designed.  They are sharp and positive, when I open the blade with those it also flies open.

The pocket clip is fantastic.  I was afraid it would be flimsy, especially for its size on a knife this big.  But I was completely wrong.  The clip is strong, locked down and four way positionable.  It is a deep carry clip and it allows the knife to sit deep in the pocket.  That coupled with the length of the knife keeps the knife very stable in your pocket.


No comments:

Post a Comment