Tuesday, May 7, 2013

Spyderco Paramilitary 2 Digicam G-10 Black Blade Review




Two weeks ago cutleryshoppe.com posted a message on facebook that they would be getting be putting a batch of Spyderco Paramilitary 2's on sale on Friday at 10am Mountain Time.  Luckily I was able to be sitting on my computer waiting for the sale to start.  They sold out in 5 minutes!!!

I was one of the lucky few that obtained one of the knives.  I owned a Paramilitary 2 before, but I had to sell it.  This one I will not sell.

I have carried this knife as my EDC/tactical blade since I bought it arrived a week ago.  This knife is fantastic in every way.

Ergonomics- The scales are medium traction G-10 that will remain grippy even when wet, the handle is longer than the blade enabling the user to get a full grip on the handle.  The handle is comfortable in the normal position or reverse grip if you like that kind of thing.  The jimping and thumb ramp are typical Spyderco perfection.  I don't know of another company who has jimping as good as this knife.  One reason why I keep coming back to Spyderco knives is simply because my hand gets locked into the grip.  The thumb hole is perfect for one handed opening, it is larger than the openings on standard Spyderco knives.

I know from person experience in stressful situations that the Spyderco thumb hole is a great way to open a knife fast, and one handed.  When I have had to use a Spyderco under duress the knife was out of my pocket and open before I even knew it. 

The blade is razor sharp CPM-S30V steel.  I have not had to sharpen it yet because the blade retains a very sharp edge.  The tip is delicately thin, you could snap it with bending and prying.  So if you need to un-screw something get a screw driver or carry a small multi-tool or mini pry bar.

On my scale of awesomeness I give this knife a 10 out of 10.  I have absolute faith that in my every day life or if the SHTF this knife will perform. 

No comments:

Post a Comment