Monday, December 16, 2013

There is hope and redemption in Africa

When I think about who I am or who I have been in the past, I don't like it.  Who I am hates who I have been. 

One reason why I am so concerned about African development is because I love Africa, I love the people in Africa.  When you live there for two years that will happen to anyone who has a bit of a heart.  I want to help and enable people who cannot help themselves.  That can bring them hope and change.  Real hope, for a better future for them and their children.  Change, that improves their lives and improves their government, and their nation. 

But perhaps in my adventure and my work to bring hope to them, I can bring some hope and redemption to my own life.  Maybe I will still dislike who I was in the past but there can be hope for my future. 

I am looking for redemption in helping others.  Maybe that makes me a selfish ass.  That probably depends on the lens through which you view the world. 




No comments:

Post a Comment