Saturday, June 22, 2013

KFU knives

Last week I obtained a KFU knife.  I had never heard of them before.  The little bit that I did know is that KFU stands for Knives For Users.  It is a beautiful knife, it reminded me of something that my grandfather would have carried while he was deer hunting. 

Since they are knives for users I took it out today along with my Esee Laser Strike and I beat on it.  I was batoning through very dry pine with almost no knots with the Esee with ease.  The KFU was more difficult and I had some other problems that I noticed when I got home. 

There were huge chips in the bade of the KFU.  I should have taken pictures but I didn't, unfortunately.  I did touch up the blade a bit on my sharpener and the chips smoothed out quickly but they are still there and pretty big still.  I will post some pictures later.

I still like the knife a lot and I am going to continue to use it and see what happens over time. 

No comments:

Post a Comment