Wednesday, June 5, 2013

A case for Spydero knives

On the topic of self defense Spyderco knives. I think that many Spyderco knives can fill a self defense role very well. This is mostly because of the thumb ramps on the blade and amazing traction offered by g-10, jimping and the bi-directional frn scales. The blade shape is great for cutting and the steel choices are fantastic as well.

The thumb hole is awesome. I have had to draw a Spyderco under duress and the thumb hole helped me open the knife and have it ready without even remembering doing it until it was all over. I have other knives that open different ways, Benchmade thumb studs and the flipper on my ZT but I still think the Spyderco thumb hole is the best. (Short of having an auto knife).

I look at Benchmade knives and other knives from ZT and SOG and I think, "those are great knives but its not a Spyderco." I always come back to Spyderco.

Addition- My carry knives today include a Spyderco Tasmin Salt with the serrated Hawkbill blade in my reaction side pocket and a PM2 in my right front pocket.

No comments:

Post a Comment