Monday, July 15, 2013

Summer Carry Guns

I have carried a Glock 22 (that is a .40 S&W) the Smith and Wesson 637-2 (.38 special) and a Walther PPQ (9mm) as my carry handguns.  The Glock 22 was just fine to carry in the winter but it is just too big to carry in the summer time, just because clothing is tighter and you cannot wear the same kind of cover clothing. 

The Smith and Wesson 637 was a fantastic summer carry gun.  I carry it in a Desantis Nemesis pocket holster.  Pocket carry was great, and perfectly safe because I didn't put anything else in that pocket. One thing that I really liked is that if the need arose I could put my hand right on my gun in my pocket and be ready to go.  ( This did happen once where I did have to put my hand on the gun in my pocket).

The Walther PPQ is a great mix of the two guns.  I can carry 15 rounds of +P 9mm in a IWB holster and conceal it underneath a t-shirt.  It is still too big under some circumstances.  I feel that it makes a good mix between a winter and summer carry gun. 



The trigger on the PPQ is a fantastic trigger, it was even better than the trigger of a Springfield Armory Loaded 1911 that I just shot.  That 1911 trigger seemed like it had more creep than my PPQ and it was less predictable. 

Now that I said all of that, I still want the Springfield XDS 9mm.  I would be able to conceal that, even better underneath just a t-shirt.  8 rounds of 9mm is a big step up from 5 rounds of .38 special.  Plus it would be way faster to reload, compared to the Smith 637. 



No comments:

Post a Comment